Our journey to Destination Zero. A world of Zero Emissions, Zero Accidents and Zero Congestion. Our ambition is to make our societies safer and healthier, and our environments cleaner through relentless innovation. Adapting our products and services to the rapidly-changing world around us.
Prof Sir Ralf D Speth KBE FREng FRS
Chief Executive Officer
Our Responsible Future
Our mission as a company is to create a more sustainable future with zero emissions, zero accidents and zero congestion. We call this Destination Zero.
We believe that our engineering and design creativity, customer-first culture and readiness to be bold in our strategy will propel us along the road to making this vision a reality. But the journey has already begun.
For the last two years, Jaguar Land Rover’s UK facilities have been certified as carbon neutral by the Carbon Trust. In fact, we reached our target of carbon neutral operations two years ahead of schedule. As well as significantly reducing our operational carbon footprint, we have more than halved the CO2 emitted per vehicle across our product range in the last 10 years.
In 2018, we launched the Jaguar I-PACE – the first premium all-electric SUV. The extensive research and development work that went into the I-PACE’s creation is now being applied to our next-generation electrification technologies and in the development of our future vehicles.
The Jaguar I-PACE will be followed by the ground-breaking, all-electric luxury sports saloon: the new flagship of Jaguar, the XJ. In fact, all new Jaguar and Land Rover vehicle models offer the option of electrification, giving our customers even more choice.
These next-generation vehicles will be manufactured at our newly electrified plant in Castle Bromwich, using batteries developed in our Battery Assembly Centre at Hams Hall and Electronic Drive Units produced at our Engine Manufacturing Centre.
Reducing emissions is just part of the equation. For us, sustainability is also about keeping people safe. According to the World Health Organization, 1.35 million people die in car accidents every year, with a further 20 to 50 million people suffering non-fatal injuries. These accidents and injuries – the vast majority of which are caused by driver error – have a significant economic impact not only on individuals, but on a national and international scale.
Our pursuit of safer roads and zero accidents has already driven us to deliver significant advancements in our technology.
Our latest vehicles are equipped with a full suite of ADAS functionality, including the award-winning ClearSight Ground View and Rear View mirror technologies and other pioneering safety features.
The new Land Rover Defender is the embodiment of our innovative spirit when it comes to in-car technology. The new PIVI Pro infotainment that debuts in the Defender features an intuitive interface, while Software-Over-The-Air updates provide the latest software at all times, anywhere in the world.
We are also investing in the research and development of future technologies to improve our customer experience, increase driver safety, and make autonomous driving a reality.
Sustainable mobility can free up our towns and cities. In many countries, transport infrastructure is close to breaking point, and the overload can only be reduced by networked solutions.
Jaguar Land Rover’s vision for a cleaner, smarter, more integrated and collaborative mobility system – Project Vector – was unveiled at the National Automotive Innovation Centre (NAIC). It is innovative projects like Vector that will help pave the way to the free-flowing cities of the future, with fewer delays and fewer accidents.
Experiences People Love, For Life
- Experiences link our two great brands
- People experience Jaguar and Land Rover, whether they are customers, colleagues, partners, or our communities.
- In a climate of rapid global change, we must focus on the experiences we create for all people in order to sustainably attract, retain and satisfy our customers
- Making memories people love for life - this is our Purpose
- Our vision is a world of sustainable, smart mobility: our responsible future.
- Today’s industrial revolution is driven by waste reduction, decarbonisation, air quality, automation, and technology.
- We must create a world in which we will all live safer, better lives
- We will use resources responsibly to help build a better society, a cleaner environment and to drive sustainable, profitable growth.
- We will enhance the quality of people’s lives with the aim of zero emissions, zero accidents and zero congestion.
- Quality must be the cornerstone of Jaguar Land Rover - in our products and the way we do business
- We must be passionate about delivering the quality experience our customers deserve, aiming to exceed expectations in every interaction
- Innovation is essential to our Destination Zero vision
- We must think smarter, pivoting around the challenges and accelerating towards the opportunities in everything we do.
- We must be nimble and agile to compete and to deliver world leading products and services.
- We must make profit to generate cash to be able to invest for our future
- We have a responsibility to create value for the shareholders who invest in us
- We must transform our business to deliver consistent, strong financial results and sustainable, profitable long-term growth.
- Every decision, every action, every day – we put our customers first.
- Jaguar Land Rover people are guided by our Customer First Principles, shaping the way we behave across the business.
- We will be fair, honest, transparent, and ethical in our conduct; everything we do must stand the test of public scrutiny.
- We will integrate environmental and social principles in our businesses, being responsible to the communities and environments in which we work.
- We will be passionate about achieving the highest standards of quality, always promoting meritocracy.
- We will invest in our people and partners, enable continuous learning, and build caring and collaborative relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- We will be bold and agile, courageously taking on challenges, using deep customer insight to develop innovative solutions.